Do you ever wonder why God called you to do something for Him? There are many reasons why God should never have called you, or me, or anyone else for that matter.
The Lord God doesn’t wait until we are perfect to call us that we may do His will. Think of all those God used in the past to do his bid.
When we look back in history we find that we are in good company. However if you still are not ready to believe that, then let us take a look at history. Here is a list of people that God used when they were not ready.
- Abraham lied.
- Sarah laughed at God’s promises.
- Moses stuttered.
- David’s armor didn’t fit.
- John Mark was rejected by Paul.
- Timothy had ulcers.
- Hosea’s wife was a prostitute.
- Amos’ only training was in the school of fig-tree pruning.
- Jacob was a liar.
- David had an affair.
- Solomon was too rich.
- Jesus whipped the merchants at the temple.
- Abraham was to old.
- David was too young.
- Peter was afraid of death.
- Lazarus was dead.
- John was self-righteous.
- Naomi was a widow.
- Paul was a murderer.
- So was Moses.
- Jonah ran from God.
- Miriam was a gossip.
- Gideon and Thomas both doubted.
- Jeremiah was depressed and suicidal.
- Elijah was burned out.
- John the Baptist was a loudmouth.
- Martha was a worry-wort.
- Mary may have been lazy.
- Samson had long hair.
- Noah got drunk.
- Did I mention Moses had a short fuse?
- So did Peter, Paul and lots of folks.
You see God doesn’t hire and fire like most bosses because He’s more like our Dad than a boss. He doesn’t look at financial gain or loss. The Lord is not prejudiced or partial, nor sassy and brassy, nor deaf to our cry.
The Lord is not blind to our faults. All His gifts to us are free. We could do wonderful things for others and still not be wonderful ourselves.
Satan says, “You’re not worthy!” Jesus says, “You are wonderful and my creation and I have died for you that you may have life. Jesus says “I AM.” Satan looks back and sees our mistakes. Oh but the Lord God looks back and sees the Cross, He sees the blood that was shed for your life and receives you, restores you, heals you, gives you life and shares His Kingdom with you.
Rejoice for God is with you.
In My Own Words,